EzPPb 4.0.0 has finally been released! 4.0.0 is jammed packed full of cool new features including multiple custom fields, support for checking out of the cart via PayPal Pro, allow users to upload a file upon payment, charge a shipping surcharge based on region (or subtract an amount/rate), send an invoice to buyers and more. This release also has a ton of bug fixes. Read the full release notes for more details. Current subscriptions can update to 4.0.0 for free! Or you can get your new 6 month subscription or renew an expired subscription today by going here!
Note: 4.0.x will be the last version series that supports Joomla 1.5. Going forward, all 4.x releases will only support Joomla 2.5. The 4.0.x branch will remain available to those who wish to continuing using Joomla 1.5. Only major bugs affecting Joomla 1.5 sites will fixed for the 4.0.x branch.
If you have trouble updating via the live update feature, ensure that a) your subscription is current and that b) your download ID is correct as it may have changed with this site's migration to Joomla 2.5.
Easy PayPal Buttons 4.0.0 beta 3 is out! This fixes a few show stopper bugs plus adds better support for address/checkout pro modal windows when using smartphones. Be sure to report bugs in the forum or by submitting a support ticket.
HBD is excited to introduce Easy PayPal Buttons 4.0 beta! 4.0 introduces a number of new exciting features and a number of bug fixes. If you have a valid subscription, download it now from here! Check out the full list of new features is below.
When Easy PayPal Buttons was first conceived, it simply generated buttons and only cost $15. Since then, it has exploded with features making it a robust and feature rich PayPal centered extension. And there is much more planned! But because so much blood and sweat (not really but definitely a LOT of time!) has gone into these new features, EzPPb is going slightly up in price from $15 to $25. We believe that the price increase is reflective of all the new features that are now part of the extension. However, the price increase will also come with an extension to the subscription time frame as well making it 6 months of support and upgrades rather than just 3. Subscription renewals will remain at only $15 for an additional 6 months of support and upgrades. This price increase will not go into affect until 4.0 is released so act now to get 4.0 for only $15!
The 4.0.x series will be the very last version that supports Joomla 1.5. Starting with version 4.1.x, EzPPb will only support Joomla 2.5+. 4.0.x will continue to be available for those that continue to use Joomla 1.5 however support for the 4.0.x series for Joomla 1.5 will no longer be provided after the end of August. No new features will be implemented for the 4.0.x series after its release.
New Features in 4.0 Beta:
- Added PayPal Pro support for cart checkout
- Added support for float numbers when defining ranges for discounts and shipping fees when using the item's amount or weight is used for defining the ranges
- Added a new feature to specify min/max quantities for buy now and shopping buttons
- Added support for payment authorization and capture
- Added support for capturing any transaction type (with the exception subscr_failure) in the IPN history
- Added support for multiple dropdown boxes, textfields, date pickers, or radio buttons
- Added support to charge/subtract shipping surcharges based on region
- Added support for advanced shipping profiles to standalone buttons
- Added option to restrict access to the history view in backend
- Added payment status filter to history
- Now allow a comma or period as a decimal place when entering a button's custom amount via the frontend
- Now able to define multiple emails for stock notifications
- Added feature to allow user to upload files upon successful payment
- Added ability to archive buttons and categories
- Added basic Joomla SEF support for frontend URLs
We just wanted to put a little teaser out there regarding the features of Easy PayPal Buttons 4.0!
So here's a sneak peak at some of the new features:
- Create multiple drop down boxes, textfields, date selectors, and radio fields per button. Reorder as easy as dropping and dragging.
- Create shipping fee profiles to charge shipping fees based on regions (state and/or country).
- Archive buttons and categories.
- Have users upload files after making a payment.
- Restrict access to the history information.
- Use payment authorization and capture.
- Set min/max quantity options for Buy Now and Shopping Cart buttons.
- Use PayPal Pro to checkout via the built in cart without leaving your site - in progress.
If you have a current subscription and would like to help me test, checkout the latest revision via the dev releases (link at the top of the page). Remember that dev releases should be considered alpha and thus will have bugs. But the sooner we can discover and squash those bugs, the sooner we can release!